To market a new health care service line, marketers need to understand how the treatment would fit into the patient’s world. Here, we look at an example of using machine learning data to develop video content as a first step. Gamma Blast Studios researched insights to market Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) and Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) for severe depression. Using a combination of data tools, Gamma saw the following as a starting point to create video content.
- People are very interested in sharing information about treatments that they think help their depression. These suggestions include anything from prescription medications such as Wellbutrin to testosterone to vape pens.
- Specific audiences rise to the surface as those struggling with severe depression: people with long COVID, veterans, and mothers with post-partum.
- The data shows little discussion for ECT and TMS within the broader severe depression conversation.
- A part of living with severe depression is convincing others that your suffering is real.
- After a high-profile suicide, social conversation about depression spikes.
- Anxiety pairs with depression in tens of thousands of searches each month.
Gamma is following with a data dive into perceptions of ECT and TMS and a nuanced look into the data landscape of general severe depression conversation. We’ll look at insights over time to see how people’s perceptions change.